National Healthcare Decisions Day is April 16
“It Always Seems Too Early, until It’s Too Late." National Healthcare Decisions Day raises awareness about the importance of Advance Care Planning (ACP). Did you know that ACP services can be billed to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule?
- Guide to Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Coding, Reimbursement, and Documentation
- White Paper: A Practitioner's Guide To Advance Care Planning Discussions In The PA/LTC Setting
- White Paper on Surrogate Decision-Making and Advance Care Planning in Long-Term Care
- The Role of a Facility Ethics Committee in Decision-Making at the End of Life
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Resources:
- ACP Fact Sheet
- Billing the Physician Fee Schedule for ACP Services FAQs
- ACP as an Optional Element of an Annual Wellness Visit MLN Matters® Article
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention webpage
Visit the National Healthcare Decisions Day website for more information.