Quality Payment Program: New CMS Resources to Help Clinicians Participate in 2017 MIPS
July 7, 2017
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) posted new resources to help clinicians successfully participate in the first year of the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). Visit the Resource Library to review the following resources:
- Advancing Care Information Measure Specifications and Transition Measure Specifications - Updated: Includes additional details on each objective and measure in the Advancing Care Information performance category.
- An Introduction to Group Participation in MIPS in 2017: Offers an in-depth overview of how to participate as a group in MIPS. This user guide is interactive for quick navigation.
- CMS-Approved Qualified Clinical Data Registries (QCDRs) Vendor List for 2017: Provides contact information for the QCDRs that will be able to report data for the Quality, Advancing Care Information, and Improvement Activities performance categories in 2017.
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers & Systems (CAHPS) for MIPS – CMS-Approved Survey Vendor List: Includes contact information for the survey vendors approved by CMS to administer the CAHPS for MIPS Survey in 2017.
- MIPS Measures Guide for Cardiologists - Updated: Highlights a sample of measures and activities for the Quality, Improvement Activities, and Advancing Care Information performance categories that may apply to cardiologists in 2017.
- MIPS Measures Guide for Primary Care Clinicians: Offers a sample of measures and activities for the Quality, Improvement Activities, and Advancing Care Information performance categories that may apply to primary care clinicians in 2017.