The transition of editors will begin in September 2022. Full responsibility for the new Editor(s)*-in-Chief will begin with the January 2023 issue.
Responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief of JAMDA include:
- Provide a strong editorial vision, representative of the goals of the Journal.
- Be responsible for the scientific content of the Journal, maintaining and enhancing the Journal’s high standards for authoritative, innovative, and top-quality research.
- Maintain an appropriate balance between submissions that demonstrate research strength and those that provide important clinical applicability.
- Select and lead an esteemed international Editorial Board whose knowledge base represents the topics covered in the editorial mission of the Journal.
- Champion the Journal at professional meetings, workshops, and other appropriate forums.
- Ensure proper manuscript flow to guarantee on time publication, soliciting content and/or editorials as appropriate.
- Maintain editorial policies and procedures and establish new policies and procedures as appropriate to reflect relevant changes in science, clinical practice, and medical publishing.
- *Please note: Applications from an editorial team are both acceptable and encouraged!
- Acknowledged expertise and thought leadership in geriatrics, with a current academic appointment.
- Track record of scholarly achievement, including extensive experience both publishing in and reviewing for peer-reviewed journals; editorial board or prior editorial experience preferred.
- Strong leadership qualities, intellectual vision, organizational abilities, and experience relevant to editing a leading medical journal.
- The selected candidate is expected to become a member of the Society if not already.
Information and Deadlines:
- The term will begin with training in September 2022, to prepare for taking over full responsibility beginning with the January 2023 issue.
- To apply, submit a letter of interest, a current curriculum vita, a 250-word statement of your vision for the Journal, including how its mission will relate to the Society’s members and other practitioners in post-acute and long-term care, and a letter of support from your institution.
- Letters of application and accompanying materials should be addressed to Kim Straubing and sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submissions only, please.
For more information about the Journal, please consult www.jamda.com.