Immunization in the Long-Term Care Setting
Take the lead in initiating and implementing activities to address and prevent influenza and pneumococcal disease in LTC facilities. With this tool kit, you’ll:
- Learn how to boost vaccination compliance among both residents and staff;
- Find out what the barriers and myths are to vaccine compliance and learn strategies for overcoming them;
- Get an overview of federal regulations related to immunizations;
- Learn processes for managing influenza outbreaks in LTC facilities;
- Go beyond standard flu preparedness plans and learn additional steps you can take to ensure your facility is prepared;
- Provide education on other potentially relevant immunizations in the LTC setting shuch as herpes zoster, tetanus, pertusis and diptheria.
The tool kit is 53 pages and includes 2 DVDs: Influenza Immunization and the Health Care Worker and Caring in the Community: Immunization and the Older Adult, and a CD-ROM that includes helpful tools, many customizable, to fit your facility’s needs
|Hard Copy||Electronic Copy*|
Click here to sample this product
*The Electronic Copy is in FlipHTML5 format, and is viewable from your PC, tablet and smartphone through your AMDA account. The Electronic Copy is not downloadable or printable.