Sleep Disorders CPG
Outcomes that may be expected from the implementation of this guideline include:
- Better awareness and understanding of sleep disorders among patients and caregivers;
- Proper utilization of pharmacologic sleep agents;
- Greater acceptance of individualized scheduling (i.e., enabling patients to get up, go to bed, and eat meals at times of their choosing rather than at institutionally established times);
- Reduction in the frequency of daytime drowsiness;
- Increased levels of participation in activities;
- Improved physical and cognitive function and fewer falls;
- Reduction in nighttime disruptive behavior caused by sleep problems;
- Reduction in distressed daytime behavior in patients with dementia;
- Decline in geriatric psychiatry referrals for evaluation of behavioral problems related to sleep disorders;
- Increased participation in rehabilitation programs and better rehabilitation outcomes; and
- Increased job satisfaction among caregivers.
incl. free electronic copy
Click here to sample this product
*The Electronic Copy is in FlipHTML5 format, and is viewable from your PC, tablet and smartphone through your AMDA account. The Electronic Copy is not downloadable or printable.