Society Seeks Nominations for Board of Directors
It's that time of the year again when you have the chance to help choose AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (Society) leadership.
The 2019 Nominating Committee is accepting nominations for the 2020 slate of candidates for the AMDA Board of Directors. Over the years, the Society has been blessed with dedicated, visionary leaders. In these rapidly changing, challenging times, leadership that is strong, consistent, and wise is crucial. The committee is seeking Society Board candidates for:
- Vice President (eligible physicians)
- Secretary (eligible physicians)
- Chair, House of Delegates (eligible physicians)
- State Presidents Council Representative (eligible physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants)
- House of Delegates Representative (eligible physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants)
The Society Board has asked the Nominating Committee to be inclusive, to recognize emerging leaders in the states, and to mirror the many aspects of diversity represented in the membership. Remember, in addition to eligible physicians, the Society may elect an eligible* nurse practitioner or physician assistant to a board seat as a representative of the State Presidents Council or the House of Delegates.
Candidates should have experience on boards and have a strong practice involvement in post-acute and long-term care. Also, the Board is looking in particular for candidates with interest and experience in the following areas:
- Organizational and practice change
- Familiarity/interest with sales/marketing and communications
- Facility with the business side of PALTC, SNPs, ACOs, and other payment mechanisms
- Interest in MIPS reporting, quality measures, QCDRs, and value-based reimbursement
- Financial understanding and knowledge
- Experience with professional education/training
- Involvement/familiarity with health technology
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Comfortable with innovation
Email names to Nominating Committee Member, Christopher Laxton, CAE, at email@example.com or with any questions you may have, or submit a nomination form now.
Eligible candidates wishing consideration need to contact the Nominating Committee by Friday, November 1, 2019.
* Eligibility: The State Presidents Council seat is open to those who have served as a Chapter President for at least one year. The House of Delegates seat is open to those who have served as a Chapter Delegate to the House of Delegates for at least one year. The Secretary and Vice President seats are open to physicians who have served on the Society Board of Directors for at least two years, or who have served as a Chapter President or in the House of Delegates for at least two years.