Plan to Join Us for EDGE21!
Friday, August 27, 2021
10:00 AM – 6:30 PM Eastern
Registration opens June 1
Attend this one-day virtual symposium to discuss and debate controversial topics in the post-acute and long-term care setting.
Live and on-demand topics include:
- Alternative Medicine Use
- Boundaries of Autonomy and Informed Consent
- Psychotherapy and Psychiatric Prescribing
- Systemic Societal Ageism
- Withholding Food Based on Voluntary Stopping of Eating and Drinking (VSED)
- Racism and Unconscious Bias
- Provider-Assisted Dying
And more – full schedule will be posted soon.
To improve patient care and outcomes by familiarizing participants with current and emerging issues in the PALTC setting to prepare them for potential leadership and ethical challenges.
After participating in this educational activity, you should be able to:
- Incorporate innovative and thoughtful solutions and best practices to current and emerging leadership and ethical issues in your practice
- Distinguish between the principles of leadership and management and the role each plays in facilitating the work of the interdisciplinary team
- Identify ethical situations or conflicts, and apply the tenets of medical ethics, in routine and uncommon clinical encounters
- Describe the various perspectives, including legal, technological, medical, and cultural that must be considered to provide holistic patient care
- Explain to your patients and their families the benefits and limitations of psychotherapy in treatment
- Effectively discuss the potential use of alternative treatments, their evidence-base, safety, and effectiveness with your clinical team and administrators.
Check back for updates as the program and speakers are confirmed. Registration opens June 1st.
AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.