SOCIETY FLU RESOURCES
AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine encourages post-acute and long-term care (PALTC) facilities to strengthen their employee immunization programs to protect employees and patients. Here are some helpful resources:
- AMDA Policy Statement on Influenza Vaccination of Health Care Personnel
These recommendations are based on strong evidence showing a reduction in morbidity and mortality among residents when HCP are appropriately vaccinated against influenza.
- Guest Column on Need for Improved Staff Flu Vaccination Rates
Executive Director Chris Laxton discusses how the Society is encouraging PALTC facilities to strengthen their employee immunization programs.
- 60 Seconds with Chris Laxton from McKnight's Long-Term Care News
- Session from 2018 AMDA Annual Conference: Reducing the Impact of Influenza in Long Term Care Populations Through Healthcare Worker Vaccination
- Caring for the Ages Article: Let’s Work Together to Make This Flu Season a Better One for PA/LTC Residents,
- NEW! American Lung Association MyShot Campaign The campaign highlights the dangers of influenza for people 50 years of age and older and particularly for people with one or more chronic health conditions.
- The Latest Info from the CDC
- Tools for Satellite, Temporary, and Off-Site Vaccination Clinics Satellite, temporary, and off-site vaccination clinics play an important role, but have unique challenges. These tools can help.
- Charting a Path to Increase Immunization Rates in the Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Setting This white paper shares the results of a recent one-day meeting on immunization practices for PALTC staff and residents.
McKnight’s Senior Living article: Signature HealthCARE’s new flu vaccine policy will affect everyone in every facility