SOCIETY FLU RESOURCES
AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine encourages post-acute and long-term care (PALTC) facilities to strengthen their employee immunization programs to protect employees and patients. Here are some helpful resources:
- AMDA Policy Statement on Influenza Vaccination of Health Care Personnel
These recommendations are based on strong evidence showing a reduction in morbidity and mortality among residents when HCP are appropriately vaccinated against influenza.
- Guest Column on Need for Improved Staff Flu Vaccination Rates
Executive Director Chris Laxton discusses how the Society is encouraging PALTC facilities to strengthen their employee immunization programs.
- 60 Seconds with Chris Laxton from McKnight's Long-Term Care News
- Session from 2018 AMDA Annual Conference: Reducing the Impact of Influenza in Long Term Care Populations Through Healthcare Worker Vaccination
- Caring for the Ages Article: Let’s Work Together to Make This Flu Season a Better One for PA/LTC Residents,
- Tools for Satellite, Temporary, and Off-Site Vaccination Clinics Satellite, temporary, and off-site vaccination clinics play an important role, but have unique challenges. These tools can help.
- Charting a Path to Increase Immunization Rates in the Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Setting This white paper shares the results of a recent one-day meeting on immunization practices for PALTC staff and residents.
McKnight’s Senior Living article: Signature HealthCARE’s new flu vaccine policy will affect everyone in every facility