Division Chief, Geriatric Medicine and Palliative Care Medicine
The Division Chief of Geriatric and Palliative Care Medicine will be a physician with an academic background and credentials supportive of an appointment at Associate or Full Professor and a demonstrated track record of leadership, research, teaching, mentoring and program development. B/C Geriatric Medicine or Palliative Care Medicine. Candidates should have excellent leadership, clinical, teaching, organizational and motivational skills and an established research program. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, forward-thinking Geriatrician or Palliative Physician to lead the growth of clinical, educational and research programs within an established academic Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Care Medicine. Resources will be available for the new Chief to build on existing strengths and achieve national prominence for the division.
Baystate Health System is located in the heart of the Pioneer Valley. The Valley boasts a lively mix of the old world New England charm and the vibrant energy of the revitalized city of Springfield.
Easy access to major cities such as Boston and New York without the expensive cost of living. A short drive to the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Boston Pops, and Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary as well as many multicultural restaurants of Springfield’s vibrant foodie scene.
Your weekends can be filled with local shopping, farmers markets, unique restaurants, and trips to big cities, beautiful beaches or scenic mountains.
BAYSTATE HEALTH - REINVENTING HEALTHCARE TAKES COURAGE. IT TAKES COLLABORATION. IT TAKES YOU.
Baystate Health (BH), western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, invites applications for the position of Division Chief of Geriatric and Palliative Care Medicine.
We offer the exceptional, experienced leader a unique opportunity to delineate strategy and expand the clinical, educational and research activities of a well-established academic division with 10 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and a full complement of interdisciplinary team members including social work, nursing, and spiritual services. Baystate Health is proud to have been named an “Age-Friendly Health System” by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
- The opportunity to lead an accomplished division of mission driven professionals. Our celebrated faculty members teach annually at national meetings and have received multiple grants and leadership awards.
- Practice in an academic environment with a faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate. The Division currently has an established Geriatrics fellowship and a newly approved Palliative Medicine fellowship program.
- Oversee the expansion and dissemination of best practices developed in our state of the art Acute Care for Elders (ACE) unit to the wider health system.
- Work closely with the Chair, Department of Medicine to develop and expand Geriatric and Palliative Care Medicine programs within Baystate Health.
- Partner with leadership that has a strong commitment to your career development.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Abraham Thomas, MD,MPH Chair, Department of Medicine
c/o Pam Snyder, Sr. Director of Physician Recruitment
Phone: 413-794-2571 Email:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.