Geriatrician – Post Acute/Long Term Care
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy
- Must be board eligible/certified physician in Geriatrics
- Have or be eligible for Texas Medical License by start date
- 1-2 years of direct experience preferred, but we are very supportive of those recently graduating from residency programs and encourage you to inquire about any current openings
Acclaim Physician Group, a partner with JPS Health Network in Fort Worth, TX, is seeking a motivated and compassionate Geriatrician to join our growing Geriatric Care Team within the Department of Family Medicine! JPS is a NICHE designated hospital, dedicated to improving care for the aging adult population of Tarrant County in the acute care setting, at JPS clinics and in the community.
The full-time Geriatrician would support an immediate need within our post-acute/long term care partner, Arlington Heights Health and Rehabilitation in Fort Worth, TX by providing comprehensive medical care to patients in a long term care setting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- New Admissions and Initial Patient Care: Provide appropriate information and documentation to support the facility in determining the level of care for a new admission; Authorize admission orders in a timely manner, based on a joint physician-facility-developed protocol, to enable the nursing facility to provide safe, appropriate, and timely care
- Support Patient Discharges and Transfers: Provide appropriate, timely medical orders and documentation
- Seek, provide, and analyze needed information regarding a patient's current status, recent history, and medications and treatments, to enable safe, effective continuing care and appropriate regulatory compliance
- Ensure Adequate Ongoing Coverage
- Provide Appropriate, Timely Medical Orders and Documentation
The provider will also have the opportunity to provide primary and transitional care to patients throughout the care continuum home, outpatient clinic, and hospital.
In addition to the nourishing and rewarding clinical atmosphere, JPS is also an urban teaching hospital with a long history of training physicians and medical students. JPS offers 18 residency and fellowship programs, including a Geriatric Fellowship. With 72 resident slots, the JPS Family Medicine residency is the largest in the country. The provider in this role must be comfortable supervise residents and fellows.
You can learn more about the Geriatric Services provided at JPS here: http://jpshealthnet.org/health_care_services/geriatrics.
For more information, or to submit your CV, contact:
Physician Recruiter, Acclaim