Opportunity Details: Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is seeking a full-time BE/BC Geriatrician who genuinely loves to work with patients in skilled and long term care nursing facilities on a dedicated basis. This position will be supportive of true geriatric practice, in variety of possible settings e.g. assisted living, subacute care facilities, inpatient care or office. We’re also connected to a community hospice & home. The framework, a large patient population out of many facilities, is already in place with a rapidly growing Geriatric & Hospice team. We are a well-established, Level II Trauma Center equipped with long-standing Emergency and Radiology groups that have great reputations. Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has been dedicated to improving the health of area residents since 1906, helping support several long-term care and skilled nursing facilities in the surrounding communities.
- Current Practices – We have two, main clinical/SNF practices. Dr. Peter Roumeliotis and two advanced practice providers see patients in his office as well as at 3 local SNFs where he’s the practicing medical director. He’s also the co-medical director at Joliet Area Community Hospice. Together this team of three takes care of 60% of 400 geriatric patients. In addition, Dr. Hassnain Syed and two other advanced practice providers are also on staff at the same local skilled nursing and assisted living facilities in our service area in addition to seeing patients at his two offices.
- Leadership opportunity - Quick track to medical directorship, if desired, at some of these facilities – added monthly pay! Plus have a desire and ability to grow this service-line and eventually add more providers.
- Be an integral part of a team that works well together and provides the highest quality care, keeping patients out of the hospital and as healthy as possible. Ideal candidate must have an incredible capacity to connect with patients and their families and be able to successfully engage families in end-of-life discussions.
- Responsiveness to the facilities that we serve to meet their needs of patient care, whether this involves training of staff or coordination of patient care.
- Equally shared call between physicians, plus have support from our experienced advanced practice providers and excellent nursing and non-clinical staff members.
- Option to provide inpatient geriatric and/or hospice & palliative consults. Or Established Hospitalist Program that gives great consults to patients and has been successful for physicians since inception (2009).
Benefits Include: Guaranteed Base Salary + Starting Bonus ($25K), yearly Quality & Productivity Bonus, Relocation Assistance ($8K), Medical Education Loan Repayment Assistance ($20K yearly), Annual CME ($3K) & General Expense Allowance ($3K), Group Health (50% discount, for you and your dependents), Life, and Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan w/matching, Paid Time Off (5wks), paid gym membership & Annual Wellness Incentive.
About the Hospital:
- FOUR years in a row, we’ve been listed on Becker's Hospital Review's "100 Great Community Hospitals" list (2016-2019) and we’re the recipient of two national awards for Outstanding Patient Experience and Patient Safety Excellence from Healthgrades. (‘19).
- Access to friendly partners & great specialists - medical staff of > 200 physicians covering 38 specialties (including 25 PCPs), who provide great quality care to patients in the surrounding 7 zip codes and 20 communities that represent over 170,000 residents in our service area.
- Renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients - done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since ‘98. Our hospital also offers a Medication Dispensing Program through Philips Lifeline.
- Level II Trauma Center, Level II Perinatal Care Provider, Primary Stroke Certified and we are part of an Accountable Care Organization, since 01/2015.
- Our advanced imaging services provide comprehensive diagnostic and interventional therapies, plus our hospital offers 24/7 STEMI Coverage with state-of-the-art Cardiac Cath Lab, Dialysis, radiation therapy services and much more!
Communities and Contact Information:
Our service area includes close knit, family-oriented communities with excellent education and employment opportunities and beautiful neighborhoods to raise children. When you live in the area you’re centrally located to be close to the city, two international airports or surrounded by nature! When you work at Morris Hospital, we are confident that you won’t be sitting in traffic on the way to and from the office. And yet, whenever you choose, it’s so easy to take a last minute drive into the city for dinner, the theater and a night out on the town. Living and working here is where you can truly enjoy the best of both worlds. Come discover why physicians who could work anywhere work here!
If you are interested in learning more, please don’t hesitate to contact:
Jennifer Goodwin, Mgr. of Physician Recruitment & Relations
Office: (815) 705-1470
Cell: (630) 347-7539, texts welcome too