NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur provides primary and specialty outpatient care through its Diagnostic and Treatment Center (D&TC) and residential care for the elderly and infirmed in its 295-bed Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). Gouverneur recently completed a $250 million modernization project to offer enhanced, cutting edge healthcare services in a state of the art space. NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham, Gouverneur’s D&TC is the largest freestanding D&TC in New York, providing more than 250,000 visits per year on the Lower East Side. Gotham, Gouverneur provides a comprehensive array of on-site services, including primary care, pediatrics, women’s health, dentistry, behavioral health, podiatry, optometry, ENT, digital imaging, infectious disease, and other specialties and sub-specialties. NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur Skilled Nursing Facility provides 24-hour care for individuals in need of short-term, long-term care or hospice care. The facility is rated as a Best Nursing Home by US News and World Report. Post-Acute Care services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and audiology, and vocational rehabilitation.
Hire in Rate Salary Range: $275,000 - $305,000 annually
Under direction of the Chief Executive Officer or Senior Vice President, the Medical Director of this long term care skilled nursing facility is responsible for planning, review, supervision and control of the medical and health services of the facility. The Medical Director formulates policies, methods and procedures, and prescribes standards for treatment, diagnosis, control and prevention of illness, as well as, supervising methods of delivery and evaluating patient care.
Graduation from an approved school of medicine and completion of an approved residency in a specialty and Board Certified and licensed to practice in New York State; and minimum of five (5) years experience in the field of specialty in a responsible medical and clinical administrative capacity.
LTC Medical Leadership Experience, Geriatric Board Certified, AMDA Certified Medical Director, Palliative Care Certification, Post-Acute EMR
- Organizes and coordinates physician services and the services provided by other professionals as they relate to patient care and will oversee the quality of radiology, pharmacy, and lab services. Oversees the surveillance and promotion of employee health, safety, and welfare.
- Participates in administrative decision making and recommends and approves relevant policies and procedures and will be responsible for communicating issues and concerns to system clinical leadership when warranted.
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures, and guidelines designed to assure the provision of adequate, comprehensive services and will also monitor, evaluate, and improve performance of medical services through performance improvement program.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the knowledge of regulatory compliance based on, however not limited to the New York State Department of Health, Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services that relate to patient care and related services.
- Works with medical staff and administration to ensure high value and high quality of care is delivered to patients with a focus on improving the patient experience, improving the health of the population, and maintaining fiscal responsibility and will be a part of the multi-departmental approach in improving the case mix index.
- Collaborate with system physician leadership on new programs and their integration into the post-acute care service line.
- Actively participates in the clinical marketing of Nursing Facility services within NYC Health and Hospitals.
- Provides direct oversight of utilization management activities including Medicaid, Medicare and managed care appeals, medical necessity under various admission and continued stay criteria.
- Coordinates physician services and medical care in the facility
- Coordinates the review, prior to granting or renewing professional privileges or association, of any physician, dentist or podiatrist.
- Assures that each resident's responsible physician attends to the resident's medical needs, participates in care planning, follows the schedule of visits maintained in accordance with 10 NYCRR 415.15, and complies with facility policies.
- Collaborates with the health care team including the pharmacist, dentist and other clinical consultants.
- Implements resident medical care policies.
- Oversees and cares for 1 Long Term Care Unit of 40 Residents.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online at EMPLOYMENT.NYCHHC.ORG. Enter Job ID #48296.