The Geriatric Journal Club holds monthly 30-minute meetings that you can participate in from anywhere.
Next Meeting: Thursday, December 5, 2:30-3 PM ET/12:30-1 PM MT
This meeting will feature discussions about PDPM and antibiotic stewardship.
Join via ZOOM from your PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android: https://zoom.us/j/9024516034. You also can call in: +1 669-900-6833 (meeting ID: 902 451 6034).
Antibiotic stewardship with Clay Watson, MD, and Travis Neill, PA-C, MMS
- Daniella Meeker, PhD, et. al., "Effect of Behavioral Interventions on Inappropriate Antibiotic Prescribing Among Primary Care Practices:", JAMA, 2016.
- Pranita D. Tamma, et. al., "What Is the More Effective Antibiotic Stewardship Intervention: Preprescription Authorization or Postprescription Review With Feedback?", IDSA, 2017.
- Antipsychotics for Delirium with Sing Palat, MD, CMD
- Candida Auris with Fred Feinsod, MD, CMD
Topic: Thyroid Testing and Treatment with Gregory Gahm, MD
- JC 9 5 19 References.docx
- TSH Target in Srs Lancet 15.docx
- Rx Effects on Thyroid NEJM 19.pdf
- Thyroid Presentation.pdf, Gregory Gahm, MD
Topic: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease with Eric Yeager, MD, and Travis Neill, PA-C, MMS
- Cedric Daubin, "Procalcitonin algorithm to guide initial antibiotic therapy in acute exacerbations of COPD admitted to the ICU: a randomized multicenter study", Springer, 2018
- Eosinophilic inflammation in COPD: prevalence and clinical characteristics", Agora Research Letters
- Travis Neill, COPD Pearls" PA-C, 8/1/19
- Anthony W Huckle, et. al.,"Prophylactic Antibiotic Use in COPD and the Potential Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Antibiotics", Respiratory Care, May, 2018
- Yaeger, Abx in COPD working document
Topics: Serotonin Risk with Lee Anneberg, MD, CMD, and Use of Statin in LTC with Bruce Smith, MD, and Gregory Gahm, MD
- Detecting and Managing Serotonin Syndrome PDF
- Reexamining Recommendations for Treatment of Hypercholesterolemia in Older Adults PDF