AMDA, ADVault Partner on advance care planning
AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine partnered with the leading online advance care plan provider, ADVault’s MyDirectives.com, to help residents in nursing homes, assisted living and other long-term care facilities clearly communicate their healthcare wishes and designate a healthcare proxy to speak for them if they’re unable to speak for themselves.
ADVault includes guidance from AMDA’s Advance Care Planning (ACP) Toolkit to providers utilizing ADVault’s Facilitated ACP Collaborate solution.
The solution offers:
- AMDA’s ethical, person-centered guidance that acts as a framework for the care team facilitating the ACP discussions
- Feedback and confirmation of the ACP alignment with the resident’s stated goals
- Interactive dashboards that present detailed ACP activity
- An audit trail and tracking of time spent rendering the ACP services
- Optional practitioner review of the ACP documents, and reporting to support real-time management of ACP activity
- The ability to view, print, and download to PDF or CDA
AMDA clinical leadership reviewed the ADVault solution and liked the simplicity of the setup and the ability to make real-time updates to care choices.