AMDA Resources Featured in Eldercare Workforce Alliance’s Older Americans Month Toolkit
Columbia, MD – AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (AMDA) is proud to have several products, programs, and resources featured in the Eldercare Workforce Alliance’s (EWA) Older Americans Month Toolkit. EWA created the kit to assist journalists and other stakeholders in identifying resources, created by EWA members, focused on the health and safety of older Americans. Older Americans Month, celebrated each May, recognizes older Americans for their contributions and provides them with information and resources.
The toolkit references the following resources and information provided by AMDA:
- AMDA’s Choosing Wisely List of potentially unnecessary or harmful tests and procedures in post-acute and long-term care
- Educational products including Clinical Practice Guidelines and Caregiver’s Communication Guide: Caring for the Older Adult in the Community
- Caring for the Ages Caring for Consumers articles:
- After Hospital, Before Home: Post-Acute Care
- Beyond the Advance Directive: POLST Helps Start the Conversation
- Suit Up: You’re Part of the Team
- Certified Medical Director in Long-Term Care Program
- Dementia Clinical Practice Guideline Professional Development Program
- Post-Acute/Long-Term Care Attending Physician Competencies
AMDA Executive Director Christopher Laxton, CAE, commented, “AMDA is proud to celebrate our commitment to the care of older Americans this month. We look forward to continuing to serve as members of EWA and to working together with our partners to improve the quality of care delivered to older Americans by strengthening the post-acute and long-term care workforce.” EWA is comprised of 30 national organizations united in their commitment to address the eldercare workforce shortage in order to ensure that older adults receive quality care in the settings of their choice.