The financial viability of the Post-Acute Long-Term Care (PALTC) industry is under threat. Readmission penalties, value-based purchasing incentives, quality improvement measures, skyrocketing labor costs, and increased compliance and litigation risk have depressed profitability.
The situation is about to worsen. The fee-for-service model driven by therapy hours and heads-in-beds is obsolete. On October 1, 2019, the new Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) will upend the current Medicare reimbursement paradigm. The PDPM system will financially incentivize fewer therapy hours, shorter lengths of stay, and caring for patients with greater clinical complexity.
PALTC organizations will be faced with a choice – either evolve by implementing new patient management strategies to improve clinical outcomes and capture more reimbursement dollars or succumb to market pressures.
Patient Pattern is the solution. Our suite of population management software tools enables PALTC organizations to calculate individual and facility-level patient frailty in real-time and determine the primary diagnosis ICD-10 code on a pre-5-Day MDS basis, ensuring accurate care planning reflective of medical complexity and taking advantage of maximal reimbursement levels, while remaining embedded in your facility’s existing workflow.
Patient Pattern’s software tools are clinically vital, allowing clinicians to zero-in on patients most impacting a facility’s quality of care metrics and facilitating crucial communication with patients and family. Our technology follows the patient across the care continuum.
Patient Pattern’s products are also financially invaluable, allowing facilities to decrease needless therapy hours, reduce lengths of stay, diminish readmissions penalties, avoid unnecessary medication costs, and improve quality measures, while reducing litigation and compliance risk exposure. Moreover, by focusing on the patient and improving outcomes, Patient Pattern’s users increase referrals from hospital systems and make their facilities more attractive to insurers, thereby expanding facility census.
Patient Pattern’s software features include:
- PDPM Facility Impact Report -- Analyzes your recent facility data and highlights each payment component that will be most impacted by PDPM.
- PDPM Screener -- Integrates with your EHR and guides the admission screening professionals in collecting the information an MDS Nurse needs for completion of the 5-day MDS.
- Live Analytics -- Identifies opportunities for improvement in real time, tracking quality metrics and analyzing frailty-based risk through an interactive, easy-to-use, graphic display of data.
- Bedside Tools – Facilitates communication with patients and families through automated clinical alerts, patient care maps, and easy-to-read, real-time health risk assessments that present the patient’s condition in the context of frailty indicators.
- MDS Insights -- Gives MDS Coordinators new insight into facility-level data by identifying those patients triggering quality measures and reviews accuracy and quality measure exclusions before submission to CMS.
- NHQI and QASP Metrics -- Shows you where your facility stands now and where to focus in improving NHQI and QASP metrics for facilities located in New York and California.