Best Possible Falls Prevention Techniques
This webinar includes information associated with new evidence based findings around falls and falls prevention interventions. Additionally, this webinar delineates the ways in which to effectively implement the AMDA Falls Clinical Practice Guideline (CPG). This activity includes discussion on the AMDA CPG starting with current evidence based information about falls interventions and what should and should not be implemented based on the evidence, the step approach to the implementation process, and the ways in which to evaluate both the process and outcomes associated with implementation.
Barbara Resnick, PhD, CRNP
- Identify two myths associated with fall prevention /management.
- Describe the three effective ways in which to decrease the risk of falls for most older adults.
- Describe the four step approach to implementing the falls CPG in post-acute and long-term care settings.
- Articulate two ways in which to measure process and two ways in which to measure outcomes of implementation of the Falls CPG.
- Identify one common practice related to falls prevention that there is no evidence to support.
Credit no longer available for this session.