Medication Management Part I - Medication Management Manual: Operations Level
This medication manual provides practitioners and staff in assisted living communities with information and tools to improve medication management and reduce medication errors. It is intended as a guide for best practice. By using the tools in this medication manual, users should be better equipped to:
- Identify both current and potential medication problems;
- Improve systems and processes of care related to medication management;
- Improve systems and processes related to the coordination and delivery of medications;
- Identify actual and potential adverse drug reactions;
- Reduce human errors such as illegible handwriting and missing or nonexistent documentation;
- Enhance staff decision-making skills regarding residents who are incapable of self-administering medications;
- Conduct and document performance evaluation of caregivers who administer medications or provide assistance with medications; and
- Reduce medication errors that occur during transitions of care and practitioner visits by using a medication reconciliation form and practitioner order forms.
|Hard Copy||Electronic Copy*|
Click here to sample this product
*The Electronic Copy is in FlipHTML5 format, and is viewable from your PC, tablet and smartphone through your AMDA account. The Electronic Copy is not downloadable or printable.