Oral Health Care in Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Settings: Education to Create Motivation
This webinar introduces the oral demographics of the post-acute and long-term care facilities and discuss the most common oral problems that affect these frail populations. It will offer solutions to providing care and comfort and emphasize ways of overcoming obstacles to access to care.
Leonard Brennan, DMD
- Assess the changing oral demographics in the aging population and how it influences seniors' care in PALTC facilities
- Identify and triage the oral problems for a dependent population and develop treatment and preventive management protocols
- Review palliative dental treatment care for patients, including those undergoing radiation and chemotherapy
- Describe the relationship of medications in the oral environment including xerostomia (dry mouth) and the long-term effects of xerostomia
- Develop a model for a successful oral health program for patients in this setting
CME available until October 2019.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Maryland Nurses Association an accredited approver by the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.”
Program Code: LA16-12-524-301 1.5 contact hours
Contact hours available until May 24, 2019.
All members of the education and online education committees have no financial relationships to disclose. Society staff have no financial relationships to disclose. Speakers of this program have no financial relationships to disclose. Dr. Brennan has no financial relationships to disclose.