2021 Quality Payment Program Performance Information Now Available on Care Compare
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) added new 2021 Quality Payment Program (QPP) performance information for doctors, clinicians, groups, virtual groups, and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) to the Doctors and Clinicians section of Medicare Care Compare and in the Provider Data Catalog (PDC). CMS is required to report MIPS-eligible clinicians’ final scores, MIPS-eligible clinicians’ performances under each MIPS performance category, names of eligible clinicians in Advanced APMs, and, to the extent feasible, the names and performance of such Advanced APMs. Performance information for doctors and clinicians is displayed using measure-level star ratings, percent performance scores, and checkmarks.
Medicare patients and caregivers can use the Care Compare website to search for and compare doctors, clinicians, and groups who are enrolled in Medicare. Publicly reporting 2021 QPP performance information helps empower patients to select and access the right care from the right provider.
The Care Compare: Doctors and Clinicians Initiative page provides details about the 2021 QPP performance information that has been added to Care Compare profile pages and the PDC:
- Presentation: 2021 Quality Payment Program: Doctors and Clinicians Performance Information Published on Medicare Care Compare (Recording) (Slides) (Transcript)
- 2021 Quality Payment Program Performance Information Published on Care Compare Fact Sheet
- 2021 Clinician Performance Information
- 2021 Group Performance Information
- 2021 ACO Performance Information
- 2021 Doctors and Clinicians Star Ratings Fact Sheet
- 2021 Clinician and Group Star Rating Cut-offs
- 2021 Doctors and Clinicians Measures and Activities Plain Language Crosswalk