Electronic Health Record Adoption and Interoperability Among U.S. Skilled Nursing Facilities in 2017
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC HIT) recently released data on electronic health record (EHR) adoption among skilled nursing facilities (SNF) and home health agencies (HHA) for 2017.
Some highlights from the report include:
- More HHAs (78%) adopted EHRs than SNFs (66%) in 2017
- The ability to integrate patient health information received from outside facilities lagged behind for both HHAs (36%) and SNFs (18%) compared to these facilities’ engagement in other domains of interoperability
- HHAs (32%) and SNFs (37%) most commonly used their EHRs to exchange health information
- HHAs and SNFs that use three methods of exchange are more likely to have information electronically available.
- Nearly 40% of HHAs used telehealth technology to keep track of patients’ health between in-person visits.
Click here to read entire report.