Fourth Snapshot of 2018 APM Participant and MIPS APM Data Released
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated its Quality Payment Program Participation Status Tool based on the fourth snapshot of data from Alternative Payment Model (APM) entities. The tool includes 2018 Qualifying APM Participant (QP) and Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) APM status.
The December 31 date is used to allow eligible clinicians who joined a Medicare Shared Savings Program after August 31 to benefit from the APM scoring standard for MIPS.
Note: CMS will not make QP determinations based on the fourth snapshot.
To learn more about how CMS determines QP and MIPS APM status for each snapshot, please view the QP Methodology Fact Sheet.
What Does QP Status and MIPS APM Status Mean?
If you qualify as a QP, this means you are:
How Do I Check My QP or MIPS APM Status?
To view your QP or MIPS APM status at the individual level:
- Go to: https://qpp.cms.gov/participation-lookup
- Enter your 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI)
To check your group’s 2018 eligibility at the APM entity level:
- Log into the CMS Quality Payment Program (QPP) website. Learn how by downloading the QPP Access User Guide.
- Browse to the Taxpayer Identification Number affiliated with your group
- Access the details screen to view the eligibility status of every clinician based on their NPI