Medicare Shared Savings Program: Submit Notice of Intent to Apply by June 28
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is accepting Notices of Intent to Apply (NOIAs) via the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Management System (ACO-MS) for a January 1, 2020, start date. You must submit a NOIA if you intend to apply to the BASIC or ENHANCED track of the Medicare Shared Savings Program, for a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) 3-Day Rule Waiver, and/or to establish and operate a Beneficiary Incentive Program:
- NOIA submissions are due no later than June 28 at noon ET
- An NOIA submission does not bind your organization to apply; however, you must submit an NOIA to be eligible to apply
- Submit only one NOIA per ACO
- You can make changes to your track, repayment mechanisms, and other NOIA-related information during the application submission period
- You can submit sample documentation (i.e., sample ACO Participant Agreements, sample SNF Affiliate Agreements, and/or draft repayment mechanism documentation) with your NOIA to receive feedback from CMS before the application period opens
Submitting sample documentation with your NOIA will allow CMS to review and provide feedback so you may resolve any issues with these documents before the application cycle begins. Submit your NOIA as soon as possible to take advantage of this opportunity.
ACOs that applied for a July 1, 2019, start date and withdrew their application or were denied are eligible to submit a NOIA for the January 1, 2020, start date. If the NOIA is approved, you will be able to access ACO-MS using your existing login credentials.
The application submission period is July 1 through July 29 at noon ET.