New Frequently Asked Questions Document Posted for the Hospice Benefit Component of the Value-Based Insurance Design Model
The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation Center is pleased to announce a new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document as an additional resource for the Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model’s Hospice Benefit Component. This FAQ document can be found on the Model website and provides answers to questions on claims and billing, networks and contracting, appeals and grievances, and other topics related to the Hospice Benefit Component.
The FAQ document is an addition to other resources on the Hospice Benefit Component, including:
- Hospice provider-friendly webpages with details on coverage, claims and billing, and participating plans found here
- Hospice Provider Checklist found here
- Calendar Year (CY) 2021 VBID-Hospice Benefit Component Technical and Operational Guidance found here
- VBID-Hospice Benefit Component Technical Support webinar sessions, with recordings, slides, and transcripts here
- CY 2021 VBID-Hospice Benefit Component Monitoring Guidelines here
For background, the Hospice Benefit Component of the VBID Model is testing the impact on quality and program expenditures of incorporating the Medicare Part A hospice benefit into the Medicare Advantage (MA) program for Part A and Part B services, with the goal of creating a seamless continuum of care. In voluntarily participating in this Model Component, MA Organizations are incorporating the Medicare hospice benefit into MA covered benefits while offering comprehensive palliative care services outside the hospice benefit for enrollees with serious illness.