Nursing Home Compare Quarterly Refresh with SNF QRP Data Now Available
The January 2019 Nursing Home Compare Refresh, including quality measure results based on SNF QRP data submitted to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), is now available.
The updated SNF quality measure results are based on data submitted to CMS between:
- Quarter 2 2017 and Quarter 1 2018
- Application of Percent of Residents Experiencing One or More Falls with Major Injury (Long Stay) (#0674)
- Percent of Residents or Patients with Pressure Ulcers That Are New or Worsened (Short Stay) (NQF #0678)
- Application of Percent of Long-Term Care Hospital Patients with an Admission and Discharge Functional Assessment and a Care Plan That Addresses Function (#2631)
- Quarter 4 2016 and Quarter 3 2017
- Medicare Spending Per Beneficiary – Post-Acute Care (PAC) Skilled Nursing Facility Measure
- Discharge to Community – Post Acute Care (PAC) Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP)
As a reminder, CMS announced in October 2018 that it will not publish a 6th previously posted quality measure, Potentially Preventable 30-Day Post-Discharge Readmissions, at this time. Additional time will allow for more testing to determine if modifications to the measure and method of displaying it are needed. This additional testing will ensure that the future publicly reported measure is thoroughly evaluated so Compare users have an accurate picture of provider quality. While it conducts this additional testing, CMS will not post reportable data for this measure, including each SNF’s performance, as well as the national rate.
Please visit the NH Compare website to view the updated quality data.
For more information, visit the CMS SNF Quality Public Reporting webpage.