Skilled Nursing Facilities Final FY 2020 Payment and Policy Changes Rule Released
On July 30, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule for FY 2020 Medicare payment rates and quality programs for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs). CMS projects aggregate payments to SNFs will increase by $851 million, or 2.4%, for FY 2020 compared to FY 2019. This estimated increase is attributable to a 2.8% market basket increase factor with a 0.4 percentage point reduction for the multifactor productivity adjustment.
The final rule also includes:
- Payment policy
- Sub-regulatory process for ICD-10 code revisions
- Align group therapy definitions with other post-acute care settings
- SNF Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program policy changes
- SNF Quality Reporting Program (QRP)
For More Information:
- Final Rule
- SNF PPS website
- SNF QRP Measures and Technical Information webpage
- SNF VBP Program website
See the full CMS Fact Sheet.