AMDA offers a full range of family-friendly benefits and a supportive staff. Our office in Columbia, MD, is convenient to both the Washington, DC, and Baltimore, MD, metropolitan areas.
Title: Director, Professional Development & Meetings
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Professional Development & Meetings
Supervisor: Executive Director
Date: February 8, 2019
Summary of Key Responsibilities: The Director, Professional Development & Meetings primary responsibilities include:
• Education program development – Oversee development and implementation of all professional development programs. Maintain compliance with ACCME guidelines and accreditation to provide CME credits to physicians.
• Meetings management – Oversee logistics for all in-person meetings including site selection, promotion, travel arrangements, and onsite support. • Committee support and liaison – Serve as the primary staff liaison to the Education Committee, Annual Conference Program Planning Committee, other education committees and task forces, and to the AMDA Board of Directors regarding professional development/meeting activities.
• State chapter/chain/affiliate support – Monitor and maintain compliance with AMDA joint sponsorship policies and programs, including coordination of activities with state chapters, corporate chains, and affiliate organizations.
• Team performance – Supervise, mentor, and develop PD/M department staff; manage staff performance to meet AMDA’s strategic objectives.
• Senior leadership – Contribute to and participate in setting strategy, addressing key priorities, and organizational decision-making as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Education: College Degree
• 4-year college degree required
• CAE, CMP, or CCEP preferred
Follow this link for details:
AMDA is an equal opportunity employer. AMDA's success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, familial or marital status, national origin, sexual preference or orientation, physical or mental handicap.