AMDA offers a full range of family-friendly benefits and a supportive staff. Our office in Columbia, MD, is convenient to both the Washington, DC, and Baltimore, MD, metropolitan areas.
Title: Accreditation Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Professional Development/Meetings
Supervisor: Director, Professional Development/Meetings
Date: May 2020
The Professional Accreditation Manager will manage and implement ACCME, ABIM, ABPLM, AAFP, ANCC and other organizations’ regulations and criteria/requirements to ensure the Society’s educational activities are compliant. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accreditation Management – Comprehensive document maintenance and oversight of all CME activities in the organization. Ensure compliance with the Society’s policies and processes to maintain ACCME accreditation
- Internal/External Accreditation Resource - Advise staff, committee volunteers, corporate members and state chapters of CME on compliance issues and improving current processes for better outcomes.
- Joint Providership Program – Manage joint providership inquiries, application process, and ensure activities are in compliance with ACCME criteria/requirements.
- 4-year college degree , preferably in education, behavioral sciences, business or planning.
- Master’s degree preferred (or evidence of equivalent knowledge gained through extensive professional experience).
- Certified Healthcare CPD Professional credential preferre
Skills and Experience:
- Five years of related experience in the administration of medical education programs, three of which involving the management of CME activities
- Experience working with volunteers and committees.
- Experience with strategic and tactical planning and knowledge of the CME accreditation process with proven success
- Highly accurate, detail oriented, ability to work independently and demonstrated adherence to deadlines
- Strong writing and oral communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database management skills required as well
- Familiarity with learning management systems • Responsive to working across teams within the organization
Personal Attributes/Additional Information:
- Sit, walk and stand for long periods of time
- Using computer monitor and keyboards for long period of time
- Communicate verbally and hear conversations spoken on the telephone and in person
- Travel required for annual conference and professional development
AMDA is an equal opportunity employer. AMDA's success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, familial or marital status, national origin, sexual preference or orientation, physical or mental handicap.