Reminder: Upcoming Important MIPS Dates and Deadlines
December 2, 2022
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) would like to remind clinicians of important upcoming Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) dates and deadlines:
December 31, 2022
- Last day of the 2022 performance year, after which clinicians will no longer be able to collect data for the year.
- The 2023 performance year virtual group election period closes at 11:59 PM ET, after which prospective applicants will no longer be able to submit, revise, or retract their elections. IMPORTANT: If there are any changes to the makeup of the virtual group (i.e., if clinicians (identified by their National Provider Identifier (NPI)) have left or joined a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) within the virtual group during the performance year), the virtual group’s official representative must contact the Quality Payment Program regarding these changes by this date.
- CMS Web Interface sunsets as a collection and submission type for non-Shared Savings Program ACOs, registered groups, virtual groups, and APM Entities reporting traditional MIPS. PLEASE NOTE: The CMS Web Interface will continue to be an option for Shared Savings Program ACOs reporting via the APP through the 2024 performance year.
January 3, 2023
- The QPP Exception Application window closes at 8:00 PM ET for MIPS-eligible clinicians participating in traditional MIPS or the APM Performance Pathway (APP) who want to submit a MIPS Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances exception application or MIPS Promoting Interoperability Performance Category Hardship exception application for the 2022 performance year.
- The MIPS 2022 data submission period begins. MIPS-eligible clinicians can start submitting data for 2022 (through March 31, 2023).