Certification through The American Board of Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (ABPLM) affirms a knowledge and experience base for practitioners in post-acute and long-term care settings. Certification shows employers and the public that the practitioner is committed to career development and dedicated to quality post-acute and long-term care medicine and the credibility and profile of the practitioners in these settings. The professional standards of the ABPLM certification process assure regulators and consumers of the competency and consistency of practitioners working in post-acute and long-term care settings.
Certified Medical Director (CMD)
Are you ready to take your career as a medical director to new heights? Elevate your professional standing and demonstrate your comprehensive understanding of the role by becoming a Certified Medical Director (CMD). This prestigious certification not only showcases your expertise and dedication but also opens doors to exciting opportunities and recognition within the industry.
Imagine the confidence you'll inspire in your facilities and employer when they see your CMD credentials, a testament to your deep knowledge and commitment to excellence. The CMD certification signifies that you possess the necessary education, skills, and insights to effectively navigate the complexities of the role. It's a powerful way to set yourself apart from your peers and establish yourself as a leader in post-acute and long-term care medicine.
Your dedication and passion deserve to be recognized, and the CMD credential is the perfect way to showcase your remarkable achievements as a medical director. Embrace this exciting path and let your career soar to new heights.
The Value of Certification
- Recognition by a third party
- Enhances professional reputation
- Personal accomplishment
- Supports continued professional development
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to the field of practice
- Demonstrates a certain level of knowledge and skill
- Increases opportunities for career advancement and/or increased earnings
- Increases and/or validates skills and knowledge
- Meets employer or governmental requirements
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Increased safety and quality of care
- Increased competence level of employees
- Used in making employment decisions
- Provides professional development opportunities for employees
- Ongoing enhancement of knowledge and skills
- Increased confidence in employees abilities
- Demonstrates employers commitment to competence
- Provides compliance with industry regulation or government requirements
For the Public:
- Helps in identifying qualified providers
- Increases confidence in providers
- Disciplinary process to follow in case of complaints
ALERT: Covid-19 Recertification Grace Period Ends June 30, 2024
Submit your recertification application before the Covid-19 grace period for recertification ends. Deadlines for applications is April 1, 2024. If you are past due for recertification, submit your application before the grace period ends on June 30, 2024 or you will lose your CMD credential.